Tuesday, August 5, 2008

THE CAMPING TRIP

My hubby, Bryan, has had a pretty blessed life. Two parents who loved him, stayed married, raised him in a Christian home. Two nice sisters. He's smart, funny and talented. For some reason... God's very interesting sense of humor??.....just keeping him humble.... we aren't sure but Bryan has a rain curse on him. Yes, a rain curse. Ever since I've known him, he has had this curse. Even the day after we married. Whenever we have a trip to go on that requires him to pack more than a couple of bags.... it rains on him. Not just a drip or three but BUCKETS!! Comes out of no where, was sunny the hour before, and slams him!!! Our recent camping trip is no exception!! We arrived at my mom's house the evening before our trip to pick up her camper. It was late and very mostquito-ey, so we decided to just get things switched over the next morning. No bad weather that was to be coming... sunny skies and hot is what they said. It poured. AND poured... and poured! He had to change his clothes completely b/c he was so wet. I think maybe the root of this curse may lie in the fact that he says he doesn't like to get wet. WHAT??? You take showers every day... you play at the pool... you are going to a park to play in the waterpark part!!!! Does this make sense to any sane person out there? I didn't think so. Doesn't to me either. I just shake my head at him and laugh.... while standing in the house...nice and dry.

1 comment:

G.L.H. said...

Oh, oh. This might put a *damper* on our friendship...I had literally No Idea that I was friends with a person who was married to such a guy.

(keeping straight face while having a good belly laugh...)

--barbie